March 19, 2013 § Leave a comment
도련님은 어찌 이렇게 즐거운 날 사후 말씀을 하나니까
그러면 너와 나와 업고도 놀아보고 정담도 한번 하여 보자
중중모리 (Medium Fast Tempo)
이리 오너라 업고 놀자
사랑, 사랑, 사랑, 내 사랑이야
사랑, 사랑, 사랑, 내 사랑이지
이이이이 내 사랑이로다
아매도 내 사랑아
니가 무엇을 먹으랴느냐
니가 무엇을 먹으랴느냐
둥글둥글 수박 웃봉지 떼뜨리고
강릉 백청을 따르르르르 부워
씰랑 발라 버리고 붉은 점 웁벅 떠
반간 진수로 먹으랴느냐
아니 그것도 나는 싫소
그러면 무엇을 먹으랴느냐
니가 무엇을 먹으랴느랴
당동지지루지허니 외 가지 당참외 먹으랴느랴
아니 그것도 나는 싫소
그러면 니 무엇을 먹으랴느냐
니가 무엇을 먹으랴느냐
포도를 주랴 앵도를 주랴
귤병 사탕으 혜화당을 주랴
아매도 내 사랑아
July 9, 2012 § Leave a comment
- Nathan went home yesterday. We did some impromptu filming for Nok Cha on Saturday night (actually, I think I have covered this already… it’s hard to say). After the filming, we went back to his apartment (3.00am) via several wrong turns for which the taxi driver was very apologetic. We packed up his place, and headed out to the chim chil bung for one final soak in the hot tub. McDonald’s put on quite a spread for us at 5.30am, and we trundled off home to bed at a princely 6.00am. The artist’s life.
- We finally got out of bed at 11.00am, Skyped Lauren, mopped the floor, and headed to the local place for Brunch. But it was 2.45 and they had stopped serving the brunch set. So, Nathan had Caesar Salad, I had Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta. While an excellent choice at lunch time, the 8 or 9 whole cloves of garlic have made for an uncomfortable 20 hours.
- We finally got on the bus for the airport, and the departure of the Strawberry Haired Boy went without a hitch. Actually, he got a discount on his excess baggage, which is completely fine.
- I left my phone at the restaurant, which became apparent on the bus to the airport. But they still had it, and the handover was very efficient.
- I came home, did some work, watched the rest of Star Trek First Contact, and fell asleep to We Can Be Heroes.
- I need a new body clock.
- I am not sure what power authorised the use of bullet points. It kind of happened organically.
I found this list in a draft post from almost exactly 3 years ago.
Apart from the part where Nathan leaves me for another country, this agenda is eerily similar to what went on yesterday.
Three years later and Lauren is in Korea, and we are in Australia. Nathan is still making art, and I still hold the camera for him on occasion. We wander around the city looking for attractive food experiences, even if our clocks are a bit off. We have traded McDonalds for Dominos and Australian television for Korean movies (Oldboy to be precise). The only really important thing missing is the Korean spa. How I would do terrible, terrible things to sit in a ginseng bath. Oh, and Nathan leaves for Korea next weekend.
Exactly 3 years later.
September 27, 2011 § Leave a comment
I am a man who loves men, and I am proud to wear that uniform and fight for things like gay marriage, but I also look forward to the day when I can take that uniform off and just be me, a human being not defined by sexuality or religion or place or residence.
I have become quite obsessed with this man, the openly gay grandson of Oral Roberts, the original and most famous tele-evangelist.
May 20, 2011 § 2 Comments
The more I read, the more I do, and the more I talk, the more I realise that to dance is to be, not to create.
Language is never sufficient to describe the range and spectrum of human experience, and I am aware of the politics and currency of language, but for now, let us assume that I am a dancer.
Hijikata intentionally used words. His words didn’t always make sense, they often did not make sense, but he used them because they do have agency, and they do have power. Language is a part of the body. in many ways, butoh is an embodiment of language, just as language inhabits the body. As we frame our experience so are our experiences framed. « Read the rest of this entry »
January 26, 2011 Enter your password to view comments.
January 26, 2011 § Leave a comment
When music makes you feel.
I haven’t been very good at this writing game recently.
I went to Seoul in December, and on the way wrote down all of my secrets.
That was such an intense experience, which I have not entirely recovered from.
I am in a weird limin. I am homeless. I am in-between jobs. In-between lovers. I am waiting to hear if my Master’s research proposal was utter rubbish or not. I feel like I cannot start living this year yet, even though it holds so much promise and potential. I have projects to do. I have things to write about.
Nathan visited us for the festive season. That was very nice. That was also very weird.
I drank a lot, told people what I thought about them, spent lonely nights walking the streets, trying to figure myself out.
Nathan left as the waters rose.
I have to go and visit an old friend today.
Time passes, and now we are in Brisbane.
And I would rather spend today by the pool.
October 14, 2010 § Leave a comment
The last two or three weeks have seen me… occupied.
I’ll use that as my excuse for not posting in a while.
Listen to this instead.
September 20, 2010 Enter your password to view comments.